Saturday, January 26, 2013

Being the Best You Can Be


    The highest level on Maslow’s hierarchy is the need for self-actualization.  Self-actualization means to reach your highest potential and “be the best that you can be”.  Personally, I feel I am working at this level when I am making a difference for others and giving of myself openly and wholeheartedly.    Being a leader, helping staff to learn, grow, and become better people is motivating for me. This gives me energy and passion.
    When you search you own heart, what motivates you?  If you are a nurse leader in long term care, my guess is your mission is to help others.  Sometimes days get long and the stress can be high.  But when you realize the difference you  make, it's all worth it. We all have a chance to write our stories every day.  What will you write today?  Natasha Bedingfield says “live your life with arms wide open, …today your book begins, the rest is still unwritten."

1 comment: